Happy New Year!

Happy 2010!!! I am so very excited about all of the wonderful things that the Lord has in store for me and my family this upcoming year! I read my blog entry from last New Years and I realize how much my life has changed since then. On January 1st 2008, I was recovering from a very difficult time in Haiti. I did not share all of this publicly, but I had had a phony kidnapping threat (started out that we all thought it was real, turns out is was a prank by a local kid), credit card fraud on my only credit card (which left me without a valid credit card for over 2 weeks), passport renewal l(eaving me without a passport in Haiti for a week and a half )and an audit by the IRS-----All happening between Dec. 15th and Dec. 31st. It was quite possible the hardest, scariest, and most stressful 16 days of my life!!!!

On Jan. 1st, I was still quite depressed from dealing with all of that plus I felt as if I was never going to get to bring my children to the states. I had been dealing with so much with the adoption and there did not seem to be any forward movement, that I had almost given into the fact that I'd live the rest of my life fighting that same fight. That I'd live in Haiti, with my wonderful and precious children, but never able to let them be a part of my family on American Soil. Little did I know, that 21 days later, we would receive that MIRACULOUS signature and only 2 1/2 month later, we'd be stepping foot on American soil as a family!!!!!!!

Today, I am full of praise for that. As I sit here and enjoy this holiday with my kids I am STUNNED!!!!! I am just absolutely amazed that I am this blessed! I am so grateful that last week my babies were able to be a part of the Christmas traditions that I have treasured my entire life. In just 12 more days, my little girl is going to be undergoing the cochlear implant surgery, and last year I thought that she may never get that chance! I'm overwhelmed by what the year 2009 brought to the three of us, and so very excited for 2010!

Thank you all so much for you love, friendship and prayers. We are forever thankful!


Please keep this sweet little girl in your prayers as she undergoes this surgery and life changing event!

Comments

Anonymous said…
Your blog keeps getting better and better! Your older articles are not as good as newer ones you have a lot more creativity and originality now keep it up!
dmlanum said…
Hey Cheri, I hope that you are ok. I just heard about the earthquake and thought of you,

Popular posts from this blog

H E A L T H

Overwhelmed with gratitude!

Processing adoption!