School, MRI's, and just life!


We have had a week!!! It's been full of laughing, crying, cleaning, learning, growing, changing, loving and even a little bit of sleeping!!!!! Monday was a hard day. I woke up feeling crappy and I think that my mood rubbed off on my son because he had a pretty hard day at Kindergarten! When I asked him what happened and why he said to me "Momma, I just hit my limit with school today!" Poor thing!!!!! I couldn't help but laugh inside at how stinkin' cute this kid is!!!!!!

Ecrissa has been moved out of the Kindergarten/Pre-Kindergarten class and into the 1st grade classroom! I have had mixed feelings about it, but in the end I think the new challenge is going to be great for her, plus this class only has 5 students in it, so the extra individual attention will be great!!! We have her IEP Meeting for school next week, so I am sure we'll make some nice forward progress with school and the services that she recieves at school next week! I'm excited for that! These are the sorts of things that I was so anxious to have for her while we were in Haiti and I am so excited for her to get the support services that she needs so that she can continue to learn and reach her potential!


Which.....maybe becoming a doctor or nurse!!!!! She had her sedated MRI yesterday and while we were waiting for the room and the doctor to be available, she pretended to give me and the other nurse shots! She was so funny! She put on a glove, used the little alcohol square to clean the arm, gave the shot with her finger (we of course pretended that it hurt and she laughed at us) and then she proceeded to put a piece of tape/band-aid on where she gave the "shot"! It was awesome to see her go through each step so carefully and so correctly! I think we have it folks! I've got a hidden genius here!!!!!

Momma has been doing pretty good! I still feel like my days are battles on many fronts, but that is probably the life of a mom I am guessing! I think sometimes I've been so beaten up I can't go on, but then when I look into the faces of my two precious angels, I am re-charged and ready to go! I am looking forward to next week as I should receive the results of the MRI, finish Ecrissa's IEP and complete the preliminary process for the cochlear implant! IF all is well with the MRI, we proceed to picking out the device that we want and begin the scheduling process!!! Please pray that the insurance company will approve the request and we can proceed with scheduling her surgery!!!!!

Comments

Manda said…
I MISS YOU. Sounds like you've had quite the week. We HAVE to catch up soon. See you tomorrow!!

Popular posts from this blog

H E A L T H

Overwhelmed with gratitude!

Processing adoption!