Another First!!!

Yes, my little community workers went Trick-or-Treating!!!! In Haiti, we didn't celebrate Halloween or really even mention it. Since there is so much Voodou in that country, Halloween is not a holiday that I paid any attention too. Here in the States though, Halloween didn't feel evil to me. Not like I would feel during "all saints and all soul's day" in Haiti. So, the kids and I had a blast tonight! We went to my friends house and had dinner and then we did some trick or treating around their neighborhood.

This was not only a first for the kids, but a first for me! I had never TAKEN kids trick or treating! I remember being a kid trick or treating, but I've never been on the "mommy" side of it! It was so fun! The smiles on their faces were AWESOME! I did notice a couple of things though.


1. When I went trick or treating in Michigan, we were FREEEEEEEZing and it seemed like it ALWAYS rained! Tonight here in LA was a perfect temperature for a long sleeve shirt/sweatshirt and it was a full moon with a beautiful sky and no rain!

2. Since living in Haiti, I haven't done a lot of walking around in the dark. I still find myself home before dark and not really leaving after dark. So weird! I know it's much safer here than it was in Haiti, but, it has become a habit. It was kinda nice walking around the neighborhood and not feeling an overwhelming sense of fear. We really enjoyed ourselves.



The kids had a blast yesterday at school with their Halloween parade and trick or treating in the classroom as well. Both were very happy and excited when I picked them up from school.

And this little Princess Surgeon won "Most Creative Costume" for the First Grade! Go Ecrissa!


Ecrissa also lost her other top tooth today! That is always a bit traumatic for her, but she thinks it's pretty cool when it finally comes out!





They each ended this day with a HUGE plastic pumpkin chucked full to the top with candy and treats! What an awesome life God has blessed me with!








Comments

Manda said…
Whee! We had so much fun with you guys!

Popular posts from this blog

H E A L T H

Overwhelmed with gratitude!

Processing adoption!