They are getting so big!!!!!!


Not quite as big as a Gorilla, but it seems like it to me sometimes!!!! They have both grown up so much. Sometimes, I wonder where my babies went! Then, I see them. I see how they've learned, how they've developed and how they continue to change each and every day.
Our weeks have been pretty busy! Getting ready for school, trying to get ourselves on a night time schedule so that when school starts it won't be such a shock. We've also been trying to finish up as many doctors appointments and such as possible. 2 weeks ago, we had 7 doctors appointments between the three of us in 4 days. I was exhausted and they were DONE with doctors!!!! LOL!!!! They are handling all of the craziness well. I am looking forward to school starting because I think it will provide just a bit more structure for them and I think that they are ready for that. We had a schedule in Haiti and they were used to it and did well, but over the past few months as we've tried to settle in, our schedule somehow was lost! I hope we find it with school! They start school on Sept. 9th and they are both very excited. I am excited too!
I realized today that, since I started going to Haiti almost 5 years ago, this is the longest that I have been away. I have been missing Haiti so much. I did get to talk to some friends that live in Haiti over the past couple of weeks and I got to talk to 2 of the families that I did therapy for while there. I am not sure if it made me miss Haiti more or if it filled a bit of the void. Either way, I am glad that I have those relationships and I am looking forward to a time that I can go back to the country that my beautiful babies are from and where much of my heart continues to reside!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

H E A L T H

Overwhelmed with gratitude!

Processing adoption!