Aquarium of the Pacific

Today was another fun first for the Sessions troop! We got the opportunity to go to the Long Beach Aquarium for a very very low price! I was thrilled to be able to be a part of this opportunity with my two amazing children! They loved it!!!! They had so much fun watching the fish in all the tanks! Ecrissa loved touching the sting rays, they were both in awe of all the colors and the sizes of the fish, and I was in awe of how amazing they behaved!!! I am so lucky to have such well behaved little ones!

Jaryse was most intrigued by the baby shark that they had in a small tank all by itself. We learned that this baby was abandoned by his momma off the coast of Taiwan. They do not know why. What Jaryse was concerned about was "Now who is going to be his momma". He did not like the idea of this baby not having a momma! He looked right at me and said "Momma, he needs a momma". So, I explained to him that his first momma was unable to take care of him, but that soon, he would have a new momma. This relieved him, as we have already began talking about how he had a "first" momma and when that "first" momma was unable to take care of him, Jesus asked me to be his momma. He also knows, that when Jesus asked me to be his momma, I cheered! I was so excited that I'd get to be the momma of Jaryse and Ecrissa. He told me that they need to bring this baby shark his momma, because she needs her baby and she can't wait to be his momma!
This conversation was so precious to me. He clung to me and he had so many emotions running through his little heart, mind, and soul! I am so blessed by his loving personality and the amazing capability he has to love. He truly felt sad for this baby shark, but was relieved to know that he'd soon have a new mommy! How wonderful to know, that he is secure in knowing that the "new" mommy is going to be safe and fulfilling. That encourages me, that he is secure in me as his mommy and he is connected to me so strongly that he doesn't worry about the baby shark getting a new mommy. He just knows that it'll be a good thing and that the new mommy will take care of him and provide what he may need. I praise the Lord for the relationship that I have with both kids! I know that it's because of the Lord that they have bonded to me and I to them. What a miracle!

Both kids got to be a part of the interactive children's program in which they heard a story about a toothless shark. It as cute and they both followed directions really well! We had a ton of fun together today. I am so grateful for all that I've been blessed with.





Comments

Manda said…
Hooray for low low prices!! :) Miss you guys! Looks like you had a blast and the convo about the shark made me cry! I love you guys!
Can't wait to see you. I'm so so sick right now but as soon as I'm better let's hang!

Popular posts from this blog

H E A L T H

Overwhelmed with gratitude!

Processing adoption!