End of Mia's trip and keeping on keeping on!

So, Mia's trip was over after only 4 days here in Haiti, but let me tell you she had a productive 4 days! I am so blessed that she decided to share her free time with me, my family, and the people of Haiti. We are all so excited to have her return! She spent every day in school with Ecrissa and then after school either doing therapy with me or teaching Ecrissa and I the language home program that we must continue! Above is a picture of our co-treat with Benjamin! It is always so fun for me to have an extra set of hands and do co-treats with other therapists and other specialties with the kids that I work with here in Haiti! Benjamin seemed to enjoy it too and he worked extra hard!!!!



This is Ecrissa and I practicing our sign language! Just about every day we spend 1-2 hours working with the language cards, puzzles, paper and scissors, or cubes to encourage and increase her language skills. In the above picture she is signing the word "pasta" and you can see, she is quite pleased with herself! She is doing such a great job and her language has increased so much in the last month! Her little brain is soaking in so much that she is extra tired lately. The other day, while doing the program, in the middle of signing "banana" she began nodding off!!!! She almost fell out of the chair!!!! I decided that she needed a nap more than she needed to sign at this particular moment! I am amazed at what a great job she is doing with all of the new demands placed on her!

Looking forward to the next post!

luvs from Haiti, Cheri Kay, Ecrissa and Jaryse!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

H E A L T H

Overwhelmed with gratitude!

Processing adoption!