Remember Daylight savings time?????

Well, April 1st has come and gone with no further mention of daylight savings time!! So, we here in Haiti did not observe daylight savings time this year. I think it'll be interesting to see if they remember that they didn't, but still take advantage of gaining an hour in the fall!!! Anyway, this week has been fun and busy. I had quite a few therapy sessions and all of the kids are doing a really great job! I helped another missionary friend of mine, Dr. Ed, prepare for a medical team that will be coming in next week. I will have the wonderful opportunity of being a part of this clinic next Tuesday helping dispence medications to the patients! I love these mobile medical clinics. It is so much fun and such a wonderful opportunity to learn more about the Haitian culture, practice my Kreyol, and learn more about providing medical care here in Haiti.

I also got to work out with my friend Shelley everyday this week! Shelley and I run in the mornings. It is such a needed outlet for us. I am sure that you have heard all about the political unrest, kidnappings, and things here in Port au Prince, but don't be alarmed--we run with pepper spray! I know that sounds a little like a joke, but we do. Some people say that we are taking a big chance, but if we don't run or do something, we are likely to go crazy!!!!!!! Shelley and I are training based on the Jeff Galloway training program. It is actually a marathon training schedule that includes walking and running to help keep your body healthy and injury free. We are hoping, planning and preparing to run a marathon using his methods of walking and running near the end of the summer. We haven't picked our "marathon of choice" yet, but I'll let you know when we do! I look forward to our morning workout everyday and I am loving having something to work towards as well!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

H E A L T H

Overwhelmed with gratitude!

Processing adoption!