Meet Ashley


Well, I first must apologize for the time lapse, but my computer was broken--AGAIN!!! This is the second time that it has broken, but thank goodness for Zach, he fixed it again!!!!

So, the little girl above is Ashley. She is 4 years old and she has Cerebral Palsy. She has NEVER seen a therapist. She is such a hard worker and she is so much fun to play with! She has made great improvements over the 2 weeks that I have had the pleasure of working with her. When I first met her, she was so spastic that she couldn't' even reach either arm out for a toy. After 7 treatments she is able to sit independently and reach for a toy with her right arm, open her hand and place the toy into a container!!! BRAVO Ashley!!!! It is so fun to see the progress in these children! I really just wish that I would have gotten her 4 years ago! Her family is wonderful and they love her dearly. They are very compliant with completing the activities that I ask them to do at home. She does not come from a family that has money, so I gave her a few of my stacking blocks with a container so that she could practice reaching and putting the toys into the container while she is at home. I can tell that she has been doing it, because she has improved so much!

We have good news on the adoption front too! Our papers were released from the Haitian Courts and we have our legal Acte of Adoption. That means that Jaryse and Ecrissa finally have my last name!!! They are Jaryse James and Ecrissa Danae Sessions! I have been waiting for that for so long. Anyway, now we are working on the immigration process and waiting for passports and visa's. Please pray with me that the backlog in these offices will clear and these final steps will go by quickly and I can take the kids home to meet their grandma's and grandpa's, aunts, uncles, cousins and the many many friends that have been so supportive and love them so dearly already!!!!!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

H E A L T H

Overwhelmed with gratitude!

Processing adoption!