Helping Haitians Learn

This week, I spent every day teaching! So fun! I have collaborated with another Non-profit organization here in Haiti called Healing Hands for Haiti. They have a program where they teach Haitian Nationals learn how to perform basic physical therapy skills. They needed someone to help with the pediatric portion, and so since I am here in Haiti and have the background to do that-I volunteered! It has been so much fun. I had 6 students this week and they learned and practiced techniques with the handicapped children at an orphanage near my house that is run by Food for the Poor. We had such a great time and the students did a wonderful job. Next week, I'll do the same thing, but for 4 different students. This is really fun for me to share some of my skills with people of this country. They are the ones that can really impact their people and for me to be allowed to teach them effective ways to help the people of their country is so rewarding to me. I enjoyed this week and I look forward to next week as well!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

H E A L T H

Overwhelmed with gratitude!

Processing adoption!