My friend's wedding



I know it has been 2 weeks since I have posted--Please forgive me!!! It has been an interesting 2 weeks. Our satellite here that provides our internet services has been not working well and often I am kicked off of the internet. But, I won't blame my lack of posting just on Haiti satellite!!!! It has been a busy couple of weeks. I went to a wedding of a Haitian friend of mine and that was quite the experience. The wedding invitation said that the wedding was to begin at 1:00 pm. We arrived at the church at 1:05 pm and there were only 4 other people there. Hmmm, wonder what that means?? Well, that meant that the wedding started at 2:20 pm. So weird!! But, it gets better!!! People were still just arriving at 3:00 including the groom's parents!!!! The wedding itself lasted almost 2 hours. Now you are wondering, other than starting an hour and half late and lasting for 2 hours, was it much like an American wedding? It wasn't that much different. There was a ring bearer, a flower girl, a maid of honor and a best man. The bride wore a beautiful white gown and the groom was in a nice tuxedo/suit. There were about 4 pastors though. And the bridal party, instead of standing like we typically do, they all sat down. Which I thought was odd, until I realized that the wedding was lasting for so long! I also noticed that the groom was on the Pastor's right hand side, instead of to the Pastor's left as we typically do in the States. It was a fun day and exciting for my friend Tony, the groom. He has been saving money and preparing for this day for 8 years. That is right, they have been formally engaged to be married for 8 years!!!

I have

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

H E A L T H

Overwhelmed with gratitude!

Processing adoption!