A full year in Haiti


It is hard for me to believe, today is my one year anniversary of arriving in the country of Haiti. I have had the privilege of being a mother to my 2 children now for 1 whole year, and the changes that I see in them is just mind boggling! I have learned so many cultural things including things that I can relate to and things I cannot! I have begun to speak the language, although probably at about a 3 year old level!!!! I have learned so much about myself, what I know, what I don't know. What I like, what I don't like. What I can live with and what I can live without! I have had the opportunity to travel not only to different parts of Port-au-Prince, but also to various villages slightly north of the city, 2 hours south of the city, and 2 hours east of the city. I don't claim to know or have seen everything that this country has to offer! In fact, the more I learn and see, the more I realize that I don't know and haven't seen! This is such a land of unpredictability and delight! Thank you for your support of me and my family as we strive to help children with disabilities and missionaries with aches and pains! luvs from Haiti--Cheri Kay, Jaryse and Ecrissa

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

H E A L T H

Overwhelmed with gratitude!

Processing adoption!