Moving forward and learning alot!

Things are going well, we finished our 3rd week of school and new job this week! Ecrissa is doing much better in her class. She was having a difficult time obeying her teacher, but I think she is starting to get the hang of it. There also was a semi-retired school psychologist here visiting the school this week and he spent some time watching Ecrissa and talking with both me and the Pre-K teacher. We have come up with some ideas that are helping Ecrissa. It is amazing to me how much she is learning! I am so proud of her. We are praying about finding her a one-on-one aide though. Having someone in the class will help her learn as well as help to keep her in line with behaviour expectations, while freeing up the teacher to focus on the rest of the class. But, the teacher and psychologist are both impressed with Ecrissa and excited about having her in the class.

My new position is going well too. I am blessed to be able to help the kids here at the school and I have been given some other opportunities through this job as well. I am getting free Kreyol lessons during the day and so my Kreyol is getting better and I am better able to hold conversations in Kreyol! I really enjoy speaking another language! I am meeting new people and becoming even more involved with the community.

We are still praying about our own transportation here. I have a lead on one car, but it is not ready to be sold and the funds on my end are still minimal. Please pray with me that this will become a reality. There have been some other opportunities for therapy related activities that have come up however, transportation remains an issue. I am pursuing them and trying to see if I can get things to work out, but I am trusting in the Lord that His will be done through all of this!

I am so excited to tell you that on the 23rd of September my friend Mia will be coming to Haiti! Jaryse is excited for that day too, not only because Mia is coming, but because that is his 3rd birthday!!!! Mia is a new graduate of Occupational Therapy school, is fluent in sign language and has experience as a behaviour therapist. She is coming to spend a week in the classroom with Ecrissa. I am so excited. She has all sorts of ideas and materials for me and my little girl! I am so excited about all of the recent educational opportunities for this precious little girl of mine! Please pray with me for Mia's safe journey and an exciting and productive trip here in Haiti!

I'll keep ya' posted!!! Luvs and hugs from Haiti

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

H E A L T H

Overwhelmed with gratitude!

Processing adoption!