Jacmel


What a fun weekend! 2 missionary friends of mine paid for me and my 2 children to fly to Jacmel for the weekend. Jacmel is a town on the southern coast of Haiti and is full of character! I got to work with a few different kids with disabilities, visit a school for children with disabilities and see the beaches, visit a waterfall, visit 2 different orphanages and watch some of the Kanaval festivities! Wow huh! That is what I thought! I was so blessed to be there with my children and enjoy all of that all in 3.5 days! The above picture is of one of the small "Ra-Ra" bands. This particular one was celebrating the Haitians overthrowing the French. They play very very loud music, march through the town and dance and act out their part of history. It is pretty interesting! My kids and I flew to Jacmel on a very small little airplane, and it took only 11 minutes to get from Port-au-Prince to Jacmel! Ecrissa thought that it was great fun but Jaryse was a little scared! He kept squeezing my arms very very tightly and wouldn't let me let go of him! It was definetly a learning experience to fly with my 2 toddlers by myself and with all of my luggage! I am looking forward to that experience again when I am able to bring them to the States finally! Well, that is why it has been a while since I posted, but I'll share some more tomorrow! I must go do therapy with one of the local missionaries who has some back pain!!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

H E A L T H

Overwhelmed with gratitude!

Processing adoption!