Jabez

Isn't he Cute!!!! This is Jabez! He is a 17 month old little boy with Cerebral Palsy. I worked with him 2x a day for 4 days while I was visiting Jacmel over the past weekend. He is an adorable little boy that is being adopted by my missionary friends that live and work in Jacmel. Jabez wasn't real thrilled about doing any work when I first got there and didn't like moving much at all! He is really content to sit in his little bouncy chair looking cute with his thumb in his mouth!!!!! But, by the end of the 4 days, he was doing a really good job on the therapy ball and tolerating activities that encourage him to use his right arm. His mom and dad are fast learners and they were incorporating the activities that I taught them into their daily lives and they were doing a great job with the therapy ball exercises. I left one of my therapy balls with the family for a while since I can not be there on a consistent basis, this way the little man will still have opportunity to "work-out" on the ball and get stronger! I am looking forward to returning to Jacmel soon and seeing how he is doing!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

H E A L T H

Overwhelmed with gratitude!

Processing adoption!