And so Summer 2011 officially begins......

The kids are at their last day of school right now as I type this! Can it really be??? I am alwasys so amazed at how fast the time goes.

I am currently enjoying a 3 week vacation (I work on an adjusted school calendar and will work a few weeks throughout the summer) and I LOVE LOVE LOVE being home with the kids. I got to help in Jaryse's kindergarten class one day last week and I also got to attend their field day activities--SO FUN! I also got to attend the Deaf and Hard of Hearing end of school party with Ecrissa. I'm amazed at how much they have both grown in so many areas throughout this school year.



(at the Children's Museum!)


Ecrissa will have her second cochlear implant surgery this coming Thursday. We have talked about it and she is excited to have an implant in her left ear. She has been telling people that she is getting one. I hope that she remembers her excitement when she is waking up from the surgery next week!!!! :)




(fun on the trampoline at the Deaf and Hard of Hearing party)





Even though today is officially the last day of school, we kinda started our summer fun a little early. The past few days have been so warm (just the way I like it!) and so we've spent quite a bit of time at the pool at our apartment complex. Jaryse had a friend over after school one day earlier this week and had a different friend come over for a sleep over a couple of days ago! They are all so cute at this age!

I have recently been in a pretty big "I miss Haiti like crazy funk!". I think about Haiti constantly. I dream in Kreyol, I want to be there. I miss my friends. I miss the kids that I did therapy with. I miss Mangos, Haitian Coke, and rice and beans. I really want to go back. I don't know if I can swing a short trip this summer or not. If I do, it will have to be without the kids as I financially cannot afford to take them. This tears at my heart too. I want them to go back. I want them to see Haiti again. I want them to always know where they are from and have a sense of who they are culturally. Of course, when I hear myself think this stuff, I realize that I want the WORLD for my kids (as all us parents do) and I just need to step back and remember that God has it all in control and the kids and I will make it back to Haiti when the time is right. I do hope that at least for me, it's sooner-----rather than later!



Comments

Popular posts from this blog

H E A L T H

Overwhelmed with gratitude!

Processing adoption!