I think........

.....I am the world's worst blogger! I have two very amazing superstars that keep me one busy Momma!!!! Things have been pretty good! This week, the kids finished their third week of school. Both kids are doing really really well. They are learning a lot and I can see it every day! Each day they both come home telling me things they've learned or signs that they've learned or something! It's amazing to me! I don't remember making this much progress each and every day!!!! Both kids are very good about doing their homework each night and have been really good about the nighttime routine and getting ready in the morning! I am so blessed with 2 amazing children!

Wednesday was Jaryse's 5th birthday! First, I can't believe that he's 5 years old! Second, I can't believe we are finally celebrating his birthday in the states!!! WOW!!! So, we had a small celebration in his class with cupcakes, a crown and the singing of "Happy Birthday". Then we went and got the bike that Grandma and Grandpa Packer sent for him for his birthday. Then, we had friends over for presents and cake and ice cream. He was so SPOILED by my friends and family! What a great gift for this very special 5 year old!!!!!


The above picture is most of Jaryse's Kindergarten class at Marlton.

Jaryse and Ecrissa before school the morning of Jaryse's birthday!!!
Quick update on the medical issues! We have been working on doing the immunization catch-ups and making sure that the kids are as healthy as can be. The doctor wanted a whole panel of tests to make sure that there aren't any underlying issues that haven't been caught secondary to the kids not having the typical "well baby" check-ups. So far, OK. Jaryse has been referred to Urology to check on his hernia surgical sites and possible issue with the right testicle, Please pray for that! Ecrissa has been referred to Opthamology for her right eye as if often drifts off to the right. Hopefully that can be addressed simply. Ecrissa also undergo a sedated MRI as one of the final tests for the Cochlear Implant Evaluation. Hopefully a final decision as to whether or not she'll get the implant will be made by the end of October. So basically, within the next month between the two kids, I have at least 6 doctor visits scheduled as it stands now! I average 1-2 days a week in the doctors office with one or both kids!!!! It's worth it!!!!!
How is momma doing???? Well, the truly positive answer is.....depends on the minute! I am struggling with a few things. As you can see from this post, it is NOT the kids! They are amazing! Their behavior has been great, they are learning, they are growing, they are loving, they are just amazing! They bring only JOY to my life. I am just struggling with normal adult things. Trying to balance everything that is expected of me as a person, as a mother, as a therapist and as a child of God. I sometimes feel overwhelmed, much because of the pressure that I put on myself to be perfect. I am thankful for my friends and family, my children and grateful for each day that we make it through, and each morning that I wake up with a new chance to do it all over again! I do need to ask, if you feel led, to please pray for me as I deal with very limited finances, a schedule that gets overly full with doctors visits, work, running the kids to therapies, school and such, and just taking care of normal daily things like laundry, food, and cleaning the house. I find myself often anxious about our limited funds and an over full schedule. I know I need to trust that the Lord will take care of it, and I do, but for some reason my human brain keeps worrying anyway!!!! Nothing is bad, nothing is terrible, just sometimes everything, gets to be a bit much! Thank you in advance for your prayers!







Comments

Blesh said…
Wow Cheri Kay, you & your kids look great! You all look so happy & healthy...& boy have your little ones grown! Happy 5th Birthday Jaryse! May God continue to bless & guide you guys. Much love, Denise & family

Popular posts from this blog

H E A L T H

Overwhelmed with gratitude!

Processing adoption!