Faith Like a Child....

God keeps teaching me lessons every day! These past couple of weeks have been trying for all of us as we continue to mourn the loss of Katie. My 3 year old son knew Katie and is often asking for her and wanting to see her. Last weekend, I was getting him ready to go watch football with some other friends, and he said to me "are we gonna go see Katie??" with a big smile on his face. I had to say "No baby, remember, I told you that Katie went to be with God"? He said, "where momma?" and I told him "in Heaven, remember". He then said "OH Yea, with Jesus, her daddy." I couldn't believe it and I just started crying. I said yes, baby and remember, Jesus is your daddy, and my daddy and Ecrissa's daddy too. I am just amazed that this 3 year old can say things that really are so true and simple. This helped me remember that God loves me and He is my daddy and He lovingly adopted me into His family with the love of a daddy. I am so thankful that Katie is with her daddy in Heaven and that He loves us all so very much. I am also so very thankful for the faith of this child!

Luke 18:16-17

"...Let the little children come to me and do not hinder them, for the kingdom of God belongs to such as these. I tell you the truth, anyone who will NOT receive the kingdom of God like a little child will never enter it" (capitalization mine)

Comments

Sara said…
What a beautiful simplicity! Thanks for sharing that. I grew up without my daddy and I have taken comfort many times in knowing that Jesus/God is my loving Father. I'm sorry for the loss of your friend! Miss you guys.

Popular posts from this blog

H E A L T H

Overwhelmed with gratitude!

Processing adoption!