wow, a couple of busy days!!!

Well, there has been a lot going on these last couple of days! I met Benjamin, the little boy in the picture above. He is a 7 year old boy with severe cerebral palsy. We will begin therapy intervention 1 time a week with me with the goal of gaining a little bit more mobility, functional use of his arms and hands and to address his poor range of motion in his wrists, ankles, and hips. He has not had any therapy his whole life, but he tolerated our first session very well. I am very excited to see what a little therapeutic attention will do for this child. I also was involved with a medical clinic in a village near Titiayan. I was able to do physical therapy with 2 children who have disabilities that I had met in November. When I met them the first time, I gave both families exercises to encourage proper development and to help improve the function of their children. The one little girl and her family have not done anything to help improve her arm, but the little boy is looking better. He has right sided hemiparesis (partial paralysis) from cerebral palsy, but he is sitting and moving much better than he did when I met him in Nov. We set up weekly appointments so that I can see this little man on a more consistent basis and teach his parents how to help him as he grows and develops. I was also able to assist the doctor and nurse in 4 more physical therapy consults during the day. It sure was a productive day, I love when I am able to give assistance to the people of this country. Pain and suffering is such a common thing here, that if even the smallest pain can be relieved, then the quality of their lives improves dramatically!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

H E A L T H

Overwhelmed with gratitude!

Processing adoption!