Grandma loves, Grandpa hugs, swimming, egg hunting and lots and lots of.....

CANDY!!!!!! This was a week of fun for the kids!!!! We took Grandma and Grandpa to Jacmel where Mommy did some therapy and the kids and the grandparents swam and played in the pool! OK, OK, Mommy did some playing and relaxing too!!!! It was so wonderful to get a way and enjoy some time with the family! We stayed at a hotel in Jacmel and had a wonderful time playing and swimming. The kids "spent the night" with grandma and grandpa, and Mommy had the evenings to herself in her own hotel room!!!! I can tell you, it was interesting laying there watching TV with no one climbing on me or laying on me!

I was able to do some therapy with both Jabez and Bethena (now being called Natalie by the family caring for her and the Missionaries in the area!). They are both improving! I spent some time instructing the parents and caregivers on new exercises and on the current progress of the kids! I am very happy with what I am seeing. Given that a trained therapist is only able to work with these 2 kids one time per month, the families are doing a good job in following through with what they need to do! The Haitian family that is keeping Natalie is doing a wonderful job. They are caring for her well and providing for her needs. The Missionary man that is overseeing her care is doing a great job in following through with all that needs to be done for this little girl! I am very happy with what I see!!!! I am hoping to get her a seating system and some hands splints as well as some AFOs as soon as possible. I am looking into ways of getting those things here for her. If anyone has any that they'd like to donate, please contact me! I'd love to get these to Natalie!
We also celebrated Easter this weekend! The kids had an egg hunt at school with a local orphanage and they had one at our house on Easter evening! They love finding those eggs and especially checking out the surprise inside the plastic ones! Easter morning was fun too! The kids loved their Easter baskets and all the candy that Grandma and Grandpa were so kind to bring to the "Easter bunny" for the baskets!!! Sometimes, the Easter Bunny has a hard time finding candy in Haiti!!!!!

As a family, we are so grateful for the lives that we have and for all that has been given to us. We are thankful for the death of Jesus Christ and even more thankful and amazed at his resurrection! Thank you Jesus for loving us!!!!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Art, Ecrissa, and her friend!!!

H E A L T H

We are home.